- To be able to examine nervous system sensitive function:
— pain, temperature sensation, tactile sensitivity
— deep proprioceptive sensitivity & vibration sensation
— stereognosis & two-dimension space feeling
- To be able to examine tension symptoms (Lasseg, Neri, Wasserman, Degerine).
- To be able to examine nervous system reflective-motor function:
— passive & active limb movement
— muscular tone & strength
— superficial in-born reflexes (abdominal, feet, corneal, pharyngeal)
— deep in-born reflexes
— pathological reflexes (oral automatism, Babinski’s, Oppenheim, Gordon, Sheffer, Rossolimo, Zhukovsky’s, Bechterew)
- To be able to examine functions of balance & movement coordination
- To be able to examine:
— olfactory & visual analyzer
— oculomotor nerve
— taste, trigeminal & facial nerves
— auditory & vestibular nerves, Rinne & Weber tuning tests
— glossopharyngeal & vagus nerves
— accessory, sublingual nerves
- To be able to examine speech, writing, reading, counting.
- To be able to define apraxia, agnosia.
- To be able to examine vegetative nervous system functioning.
- To be able to define meningeal signs.